Manchester United Transfer issues and their struggle with Jadon Sancho’s transfer

 

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer



Most of Manchester United's fans and some pundits believe that the Premier League club has not been doing enough in terms of signing new players. At the start of this summer transfer window, it was understood that the manager of the club,  Ole Gunnar Solskjaer regarded Jadon Sancho as the club's top transfer priority.


However, United's negotiations with Borussia Dortmund has proven difficult. The Sporting Director of Borussia Dortmund, Michael Zorc has ensured that updates about Jadon Sancho's move to United are limited. 


For instance, when Zorc was asked about the lingering deal on Friday, he said, "everything there is to tell on this matter from our end has already been saying. And that won't change over the next three days."

Jadon Sancho
Jadon Sancho


Sancho's transfer saga has been a matter of back and forth between Borussia Dortmund and the Premier League club. It was initially the matter of United not being able to meet the £100 million price tag Dortmund placed on Sancho. Later on, reports started speculating that Manchester United was already looking for an alternative winger who would not be as expensive as Sancho. In the same vein, there have been consistent speculations stressing that Manchester United was set to make a £90 million bid for the 20-year-old England winger. 


Dortmund reportedly turned down United's transfer bid for Sancho because the bid came when the August 10 deadline Dortmund gave United has elapsed. In the midst of all these speculations, the manager of Manchester United,  Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has decided to avoid saying anything related to transfers in public. 

Ousmane Dembele
Ousmane Dembele



To make matters worse for United's fans who are already looking forward to having  Jadon Sancho mounting the flanks of United's squad, Sancho has openly declared that he wants to remain at Dortmund throughout this season. Though he still has three years on his current contract with Dortmund, United have reportedly agreed on the wages of the England international.


Amidst United's inability to bring in Sancho, Barcelona's Ousmane Dembele who was being speculated to be the alternative is not looking like he would leave for United. In fact, the sporting director of FC Barcelona, Ramon Planes has made it clear that the Spanish club is not negotiating with United over Dembele's transfer.  


"There are no negotiations with Manchester United," Barcelona's sporting director said. "He is a player we are counting on."


As it stands, Manchester United's fans would have to make do with Netherlands midfielder Donny van de Beek who United have been able to sign so far. Amidst this, United's coach has insisted that he could win any title with his current squad. 



Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Donny van de Beek
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Donny van de Beek


The club has less than two days to seal a deal with any of their transfer targets before the summer transfer window closes in the Premier League and in some other major leagues across Europe on October 5. If Manchester United fail to bring in some of their major transfer targets and the club ends up not meeting up with the expectations of the club's fans, there could be another rise to the #OleOut hashtag on social media. 


Post a Comment

Please don't forget to leave us a comment. You can shoot us a mail via admin@loudviews.com. Thanks!

Previous Post Next Post